1. What is Aurora (AURORA)?
Aurora is an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) created by the team at the NEAR Protocol, delivering a turn-key solution for developers to operate their apps on an Ethereum-compatible, high-throughput, scalable and future-safe platform, with low transaction costs for their users.
2. Product of Aurora
Aurora EVM has two main products:
- Aurora Engine: Allows smart contracts in Solidity and Vyper programming languages to be deployed.
- Aurora Bridge: A bridge application built by Aurora called Rainbow Bridge, allowing tokens on Ethereum to be transferred to NEAR to create pools, trade, and use.
In addition, Aurora also intends to develop more products in the future like AMM, Oracle, …
3. Partner and backer
AURORA announced cooperation with many big projects such as 1inch, DODO, Chainlink, Band Protocol, DeFiner ...
Recently, AURORA announced successful fundraising with a total amount of 12 million USD. More than 100 investment funds participated in this funding round with leading ventures such as Pantera Capital, Electric Capital, Dragonfly Capital, …
4. The basics of AURORA token
- Token Name : Aurora
- Ticker : AURORA
- Blockchain : Ethereum
- Token Standard : ERC-20
- Contract : 0xaaaaaa20d9e0e2461697782ef11675f668207961
- Token Type: Utility
- Total Supply : 1,000,000,000 AURORA
- Circulating Supply: 10,000,000 AURORA
4.2 Token Allocation
- Early Aurora contributors: 2.0%
- Private investors: 9.0%
- Aurora Lab’s incentives: 16%
- Bootstrapping the Aurora ecosystem: 1.0%
- Incentives for project advisors: 1.0%
- Distributed to NEAR ecosystem: 3.0%
- Community Treasury: 20%
- DAO balance for future projects: 48%
4.3 Aurora token use case
AURORA is a governance token, with a portion of the token is allocated to the Community Treasury that can be called AuroraDAO. The AuroraDAO will consider other use cases, including but not limited to:
- AURORA token staking
- Incentives for token holders to take part in voting with the allocation of AURORA from the Community Treasury
- Rainbow Bridge transfer finalization fees
- Rainbow bridge fast transfers fees
- Aurora contract additional execution fees
- Aurora validator private transaction pool service
- Farming of locked funds in the Rainbow Bridge connectors
5. How to buy AURORA Token
You can now buy AURORA on Neko Wallet by following the steps below:
Step 1: Open Neko App. On the Market page, search AURORA.
Step 2: Click on the AURORA icon and choose “Invest”.
Step 3: Enter the number of AURORA tokens you want to buy. Then select “Get quotes”.
Step 4: Swipe the button “Swipe to swap” and you now own AURORA tokens. You can check your AURORA tokens balance in your wallet.
If there are any questions, please feel free to join our community for further discussions about Crypto/Neko Wallet with our team and other members!